A big congratulations to everyone at No Barriers and Global Explorers! It has been a year since our two non-profits merged and it has indeed been a happy marriage. Of course, there have been growing pains too but I feel confident that this will continue to be a fruitful joining of like-minded people. And I am looking forward to an exciting year ahead!
Below is a letter from our Executive Director as he looks back on all that we've accomplished in 12 short months:
I want to wish you all a happy one year anniversary since the merger! It's hard to believe that a year has passed since we made the decision to merge our two organizations under one roof. I am honored to be working with so many amazing individuals and am humbled that you trusted me to lead us through these exciting times. Though I know that there have been hiccups along the way, I am excited by the synergies we are now experiencing between our diverse programs, staff and board.
Here are a few of my highlights from our first year together:
- The call I received from Erik when he said he wanted to make a big pledge to the organization!
- The day we went live with our new website, logo and print materials!
- Our What's Your Everest climb with more than 60 members of the No Barriers and Global Explorers community
- Amazing events in Chicago, San Francisco, Telluride and more
- The biggest travel year ever for Global Explorers with more than 550 participants
- Raising more than $60,000 in individual donations over the holidays
- Screenings of High Ground all over the country
- Gaining a much better understanding of the issues our veterans face as they return home and realizing our potential to make a difference on this issue
- Visiting Telluride for the first time and sensing the community's excitement for hosting the Summit
- The testimonials we received from so many participants whose lives we are changing
Thanks again to all of you. May our next year be extraordinary!