November 20, 2012
On December 10th, I will be helping a team of injured veterans and active duty service members reach the summit of Cotopaxi, the second highest peak in Ecuador (19,347 feet). This will be the culmination of their yearlong journey with Soldiers To Summits, where we use mountains as metaphor and training ground to help veterans harness adversities and step up to lead and serve others. Follow our journey on the day-by-day trip blog!
By the time we reach the summit in 21 days, our goal is to have raised $19,347 to support next year’s Soldiers To Summits team.
What can you do?
- • Donate at $10 for 10 steps now!
- • Launch your own personalized fundraiser to help us reach our $19,347 goal. Just click the “Join” button on nobarriers.fundraise.com/onedollar, set your own goal and get started raising awareness.
- • Contribute $100 or more and we’ll send you a No Barriers Flag and High Ground DVD
- • Spread the word. Use your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts to tell others about Soldiers to Summits!
Why is it important to support Soldiers To Summits now?
- • More than 5.5 million of the 21.9 million veterans in the United States are coping with a service-related disability
- • 18 veterans commit suicide every day
- • Soldiers To Summits receives more than five times the number of applicants for our programs than we can accept due to funding limitations
Soldiers To Summits documents and shares stories about our journeys, reaching millions of people with a compelling message of the need to support our returning veterans. Check out this clip from the film High Ground to see one example.
Help us continue to make a difference in the lives of our wounded veterans. Donate $10 for 10 steps today!
Thanks for your support and Happy Thanksgiving!